Checkout Supervisor APPLY NOW
A Checkout Supervisor is the foundation of the Store Structure, and as such they must be proactive in all aspects of their role, supporting the line management in achieving the Store goals. They should be self-sufficient and take the initiative in problem solving along with being fully knowledgeable about every aspect of their Department.
- To assist the Management Team, in the day to day running of the store, with specific responsibility for checkouts.
- Fully support the Management Team whilst they are managing site visits from Enforcement Officers (e.g. H&S, EHO, Fire Officer & Trading Standards).
- Have a full working knowledge of the store trading priorities at all times, making sure that they are equipped to fulfill their own responsibilities and support the Management Team in running the store effectively.
- Checkout Supervisors must have awareness of current trading status of their department especially in regards to staffing.
- All issues affecting trading / Customer service must be communicated to the Duty Manager, or Assistant Manager / Store Manager in their absence.
- A Checkout Supervisor must have a full working knowledge of all systems and Company procedures to ensure 100% compliance at all times.
- Checkout Supervisors will fully support the Duty Manager’s / Assistant Manager at all times, to ensure they can fulfil their Objectives.
Overall objectives – staffing & training:
- Proactively maintain rota’s for the Checkout/s, making sure that the Assistant Manager is given details of any issues with regard to recruitment needs.
- Make sure that all staff are fully trained to deliver excellent standards of operation, and Customer service. This training to include multi-skilling, to enable the store to run consistently, even at times of staff shortage. This will be collated by the Assistant Manager.
- Fully support all training plans that the Company introduce.
Job Types: Part-time, Full Time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.80 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discounts
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Retail Sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- Craven Arms SY7 9PY (Preferred)